In rseponse to a late night facebook plea.

Dear Robyn,

My life is crazy and I'm not feeling feeling very funny lately. Well, funny looking, but I assume you do not troll this blog to see how funny looking I am. (You could just look out your window. That's me. Right there. The one running all the errands in her plaid pajama pants. Getting dressed is so overrated. And time consuming.)

Grace's eye is doing well. I have not blogged about her eye, but plan to right around the time I blow out 90 candles on my birthday cake. Surgery was a complete success. It was a small tumor, but a benign one. They got it all. Today the doctor told me he thinks it is highly unlikely it will reappear and told Grace time to start trying to get the surgical glue off her head. I am happy. Grace is not. Either she is scared of ripping off the glue or she likes the attention, or both.

I've become a little obsessed about playing words with friends (AKA scrabble with just enough differences not to inspire a lawsuit) on my phone. I'm currently playing almost my entire immediate family. Here's the rundown of my competition:
  • Chad tough, but beatable if I concentrate. 
  • Mom, strategically takes about a week between turns, I have therefore surmised that she's trying to beat me by wearing me down. 
  • Brother 1 of 2 - a word genius,  impossible to beat, except the one time when he wasn't paying much attention. 
  • Dad - supremely tough and uber-competitive, I'd say I win one out of three games. He's employing the opposite strategy of my mom - if I take more that five minutes to play he texts me to remind me it is my turn. He then waits another 5 minutes before calling me to tell me he texted me to remind me its my turn. 
Why am I telling you all this? Because I'm sitting here seriously wishing Smangos was a word. If it was I would be wiping the floor with my dad.

I had a root canal. Well, more specifically, I had root canal appointment 1 of 2. I was terrified. TERRIFIED. My hands literally shook for an hour before I was so nervous. It was actually 100% fine. Completely painless (ok, the shots hurt, but everything else was fine) and the endodontist was really funny. I appreciate funny. I have no concerns about appointment 2. I'm actually looking forward to getting it finished up. {GASP} I just had no idea how much that tooth had really been bothering me until I was out of pain. Darn my insanely high pain tolerance.

I can't find any of my fingernail clippers. I swear I own 5 pairs and can't find a single one. Where do those kind of things go? I think they elope in the middle of the night with stray gym socks and car keys. The point is, until I find them keep me away from all hosiery. I won't be pretty.

I'm making a conscious effort to speak more slowly. I get a little amped up. When I'm amped I talk faster. Talking faster makes me amped up. It's a vicious cycle. I'm trying to check myself. Slow it down, self, slow it down.

I'm in Chicago. Last minute. Expensive ticket. WAY nicer room at the normal price. What's up with that? Normally I can lay in the bed in this hotel and reach out and touch both walls. This room is huge. HUGE. The TV is so far away I need binoculars.

That's it for now. Feel better?

Love you,
Lisa


For the record, the plea: "I was hoping that with the girls back in school, I'd get a Lisafam fix. Then I hear that Grace is going to the Dr. for an eye check up. And now, a surprise trip to Chicago?!? I'm feeling a bit strung out. Just give me a few words to make it, man. Just a few.  You are one crazy super woman.  I stand in awe and wonder.  Let me know if I can help out at all with your amazing schedule."

Comments

Brammer Family said…
Ah. That's the good stuff right there. It almost gave me the power to think that I could help you with your Word dilemma. Now, I'm no dummy, except that I am, but at least I know I cannot even come into the same zip code as you when it comes to Word. So, I cheated and looked up scrabblecheat.com. It's real, I promise. They gave me "mangos" as your answer. Really? Duh. I could have done that. So, I guess all I can do for you is bring you over a pair of clippers. I'll sneak them into Grace's backpack tomorrow while she's waiting for Abigail to tie her shoes. Thanks for the post. It was awesome, as usual. You are my word junkie superhero.

Popular Posts