Clean room. Bad attitude.

For my birthday present, Brynn decided to clean her room.

Please note, I did tell Brynn to clean her room. I told her everyday for 6 straight days, but I did not tell Brynn to clean her room as a gift to me. No no, SHE came up with the idea. SHE started working on it and then SHE realized what a complete disaster it was a wanted to throw in the towel. Not that the room needed another towel, there were already at least two dirty ones on the floor, but I digress.

Please also note that I'm fairly easy going about the room cleaning, it just needs to be done once a week. If you wait until the last day, then you will have a lot of work to do If you do it little by little, more power to you. If you do it once and the remove all the contents of your closet and set them on your floor - then you have officially UNcleaned your room and you must clean it again.

This is just how room cleaning works. I do not make the rules.

(Ok well I do, but I would like the children to think that there are global rules that govern room cleaning and while I'm not the dictator who made them up, I am the dictator that enforces them...)

So Brynn, last day of the week, after 6 straight days of being told to clean her room decided to GIVE me a clean room for my birthday. That happiness lasted about 7.2 minutes.

She hunted me down, "Do you need the whole room to be clean for your birthday?"

"Yes, the whole room."

"Ugh!" She let out a very irratated, heaving breath. "I HATE this birthday present!!"


Comments

Get Hooked said…
This made me laugh! I can just picture one of my people doing the same thing... or wait, I don't have to picture it. I've seen it. Good to know I'm not the only mom that can produce bad attitudes with an idea that wasn't even mine.

Popular Posts