Name Thief

Brynn's reading skills are growing leaps and bounds every day. She's sounding out words and thinking a lot about sounds. She read almost an entire verse of scripture by herself the other night. We about fell off our chairs.

Last night as we sat at the table to do her homework she hit me with this:

B: "MOM! (she frequently has an idea hit her brain and gets really excited to share it with everyone -wonder where she gets that from?) "My name has a thief in it!"

L: "What?"

B: "My name has a thief in it. The y is stealing the i sound. Br - iiiiiiii - nn. (sounding it out)"

L: "Very cool."

B: "Oh yeah, and it has a silent n."

She has this contended look on her face as she let out a long, dreamy sigh. I guess having a thief AND a silent n is like having your wildest dreams come true.

Then she resumed her homework...

She cracks me up.

Comments

Popular Posts