Favorite nights.

Tonight was my favorite kind of night.

A night where I cook a meal because I love to cook and have time to do it.

Where everyone is home and no one is rushing off to some event.

Where everyone migrates to the kitchen to be around me.

Where long hugs are the top request of the day.

Where an argument between sisters is easily resolved and quickly forgiven.

Where people willingly eat and we linger long after dinner is over so no one has to stop laughing.

Where homework is done without frustration and tiny people get one step closer to knowing they can figure out hard things.

Where I plug into my headphones and "groove" as I wash the dishes.

Where that grooving turns into an impromptu dance lesson.

Where that dance lesson reminds us all the feeling the beat is a tricky concept :)

Where possessions are picked up and put away and school bags are packed and by the front door so there won't be rushing around in the morning.

Where bedtime is quick and painless and people get their teeth brushed really well on the first try.

Where the kitchen light goes off, leaving the house dark and quiet and ready for another day.

Comments

Popular Posts