Hiking Stewart Falls

We hiked. I'm not sure why.

Ok, I'm a little sure. I've been trying to plan more things for us to do together and I've been dying to get the kids outside before it gets too cold. We've played at the park and tossed the frisbee around, but I wanted to something more destination oriented.

Plus the doctor told me I'm about to deal with a heart condition for the rest of my life and I think I wanted to prove that it wasn't going to affect me. I'm all stubborn like that.

I had originally planned to hike Ensign Peak, but when I invited Scott and Ashley they had literally hiked it the week before, so Scott suggest Stewart Falls in Provo Canyon.

It was a great hike. Not quite as flat as Scott sold it to me, but great. About 4 miles roundtrip and a pretty gradual incline. On the way back we realized it was magically a gradual incline in both directions, not sure how that works. #anomalyofnature

photobombing nature
Kids did well. They ate all their snacks and Grace led them in a rousing series of Oakcrest camp songs on their way back. She also resurrected her Oakcrest camp outfit - hoodie, bandana, shirt tucked in, knee socks and jeans with duct wrapped around the ankles to prevent ticks.

I couldn't get a good picture without making her feel bad, so we got a couple where you can sort of see the get up. It was truly awesome. She was sure the rest of us were going to die wearing shorts and capris. Ticks, man, ticks.

All in all it was a really fun afternoon. Getting to the waterfall was easy, but the first half back was killer. Talk about a beating heart. Once we made it past the incline part it was fine again. I did it. I'm not sure how smart it was, but I did. Would I do it again? Um, yes. Big fat yes.

The girls LOVED it and I'm reminded yet again that families need to be together. Lots of time spent doing simple things makes strong families.


Grace (good outfit shot), Devin, Brynn and Heidi
looking down at Stewart Falls
 
Chad and Lisa

Family shot!! 


Comments

Popular Posts