You never know when there will be a gourmet emergency


We went to Zions for Spring Break. I'm still not sure how we made it out the door, but we did it. Nice long weekend spent hiking, laughing, singing, swimming in the hotel pool and taking family selfies. We had a lot of fun. 

Everyone pitched in, so we could get ready and make it out the door. Chad asked the kids to pack the snack bag. A big, important job, which ended up creating one of the funniest moments of the trip.  

We got to the hotel super late and got up the next morning to head into Zions for a day of hiking. As soon as we got in the car, I knew something was off. 

"What is that weird smell??" 

What followed was a lot of loud sniffing and apparent confusion, until Brynn finally piped up...

"Oh I know. That's the pesto." 

"You guys brought the pesto?" 

"Well, Dad said pack some snacks and you never know when you might need it." 

We laughed and laughed after that.  We had to toss the jar, since it sat out un-refrigerated all night, but for the rest of the weekend whenever I needed a snack it went a little something like this...

"pass me a granola bar, will you?...thanks...hey do we have anything to dip this in? like pesto maybe..."

"I love skittles. I wish I had a spoonful of pesto to go with them."

"PB&J is my fav. If only we had a little bit of pesto to smear on top..."

I tell you what, torturing your kids never gets old. And we had to hit the store and buy a few hiking snacks :)


Comments

Popular Posts