2017 = Thrive

2016 was rough. ROUGH. I was sick. I was stressed. I was so tired that most days I could barely get out of bed and when I did I was in so much pain. Unbearable pain.

I had a lot of testing done at the end of 2016 and they determined that nothing was wrong with me. Nothing is ever wrong with me and yet, all this pain. Geez folks.

So the doctor offered me new drugs and I said no thanks. I'll tackle this problem another way for now.  Then I went through a major funk, because chronic pain will do that to you. Then I decided to pull myself together and enjoy the life I have. 

In that spirit I picked a personal theme for 2017...

Thrive 

I don't want to survive 2017, I want to thrive. Here are the three ways I plan to do it: 

1) Make the most of the good days

I want to get out. Enjoy the sun. Make the most of the days I feel decent. Plan things. Enjoy  time with my girls. Read. Write. Take lots of pictures. Look at the mountains. Enjoy my yard. Snuggle with the dog. Play the piano. Spend time with Chad. Take naps. Take walks. Try new makeup. Wash my face. Laugh. Listen to music. Dance in the kitchen. Breath deeply. Value downtime. Take vacations. Rest when I need it. 

2) Take impeccable care of myself

2017 is my year of healing. That means... sleep. exercise. walking. stretching. vitamins. lots of water. sleep. protein shakes. plates dominated by veggies. less sugar. sleep. eating on a schedule. meditating. breathing deeply. managing my stress. sleep. massages. Did I mention sleep? 

3) Cut myself some slack on the bad days 

There are going to be bad days. I'm going to miss some stuff. I'm going to flake out a few times. I'm going to tell the kids I will do something and then not be able to. I've decided not to beat myself up about that. I've missed a lot. I've worried about it. But I'm doing the best I can and I really am, I'm not just saying that. So when I've reached my max, when I'm sick, when I can't keep up, when I'm overwhelmed, I'm just going to allow all that to be ok. 

I'm really looking forward to this year. I want to feel better and I hope I do, but even if this is it. I'm going to make the most of 2017. 

Comments

Popular Posts