Porcupines and Snowshoeing - A Park City weekend


We spent the weekend at Jen and Aaron's cabin. I just went up for a couple of days, so I could get some stuff done at home while they all skiied. What?? I didn't ski??

Nope. I value two non-broken legs. 

Ever year Chad tries to convince me to ski and every year I politely decline. :) 

But we did make it out snowshoeing. Their cabin overlooks Jordenelle, so we just liked down to the reservoir and along the trails there. It was some major trailblazing, but it was so much fun. I hadn't been out in a long time and it felt great to work and sweat. I did have to follow in Chad's footsteps a few times, but again,  my first big exercise in a few months and I didn't want to wear myself out and need him to carry me back. 

The girls did well. They threw themselves in the snow a few times and laughed a lot. It was a sunny, perfect, calm day. Great weather, cold but not bitter. I loved it. I wish I could get out there everyday. It was also so nice to be above the valley inversion. I forget how depressing smog is. 

One fun experience along the trail, well I guess fun is a matter of opinion, but we saw a huge porcupine up in a tree. I didn't even know porcupines could climb trees, but there he was, all curled up in a ball, quills pointing to the trail. 

Brynn was FREAKED!! Tears in her eyes, refusing to go on level freaked. We finally convinced her to walk carefully by the thing and it was fine. Unfortunately we had to turn around and go back up the trail, which meant porcupine take 2. But she made it. 

It was a wonderful day and I slept like an absolute rock that night. #thrive


that, my friends, is a porcupine. Wild! 



Comments

Popular Posts