Take me out to the ballgame

Coors Stadium in Denver. Arizona Diamondbacks Vs. Colorado Rockies. A perfectly cool September evening. Saturday night was the girl's first trip to see a professional baseball game and they loved it. I think the cool, plaid pattern of the grass was Grace's favorite part. She asked me tonight if Dad could start mowing our lawn like that.

plaid mowing - coming to our lawn, Spring 2009

Brynn

Brynn was very interested in what each person on the field was doing, what their names were, why the Diamondbacks left fielder had a yellow glove. Chad and I were pretty impressed with her ability to follow that game and understand what was going on. During the early innings, she was a little preoccupied by her need for popcorn. We took her out with us to get a snack and the line was pretty long. After a few minutes, she said to me "I need to get back in there. I'm missing the ballgame. (exasperated) See this is why I needed to stay lone."

L:"You mean stay in there alone?"
B: "Right, cause now I'm missing the game."

Funny kid.

We even got to see one of the home runs, for which Coors stadium is so famous. Apparently, the high altitude and thin air make it easier to hit home runs. To make a perfect evening even better the cotton candy guy showed up in our section at the top of the 7th inning, so the girls got the cotton candy they had been craving since last year's BYU football game. They ate their cotton candy, we sang "Take me out to the ballgame" for the 7th inning stretch and then we went home.

Here are a few more pics of our evening with the Rockies.
Mom and Brynn

Lisa and Chad - Chad thinks we look like we photoshoped ourselves into this pic, but we were really there.
Cotton Candy!!

Grace

Comments

Popular Posts