Outerbanks 2011 - Scenes from the Pool


When you come back from the beach, we find it best to transition back to dry life by swimming in the pool for an hour of two. Reduces that mainlander shock on the system. To say we spent a lot of time in the pool is an egregious understatement.

Thanks to their month of swimming lessons pre-trip, my girls did great. They were fish. But my favorite moment, grinning with his huge ear to ear smile, my nephew Chase who ventured from the baby pool into the real pool with his little swimmy, calling out with joyful pride "I'M SWIIIIMMMMMING!! I'M SWIIIIMMMMMING!"


When we weren't swimming in the pool we were sitting by it. A couple of people insisted on reading, but the rest of us took our responsibility for making sure those lounge chairs didn't go anywhere very seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts