It's not easy being green

Today I was chastised by my 10 year old (lovingly but still) about my choice of light bulbs.

"Do you want light mom or do you want heat?"

"What?"

"These kinds of light bulbs waste energy. The twisty ones are much better."

"Ok."

"So do you want light or heat?"

"I want both."

Stumped her. She had no response to that other than that response just wasn't right.

Dear school (and on some level Al Gore),


Please stop teaching my children about being green. I work a long, hard day and then I mother a long, hard night. I simply do not have the energy for lengthy discussions about how my light bulbs are destroying the planet.

I recycle. What else do you want from me?

Comments

scott said…
imho; the old (incandescent) light bulb is 150 year old technology and very wasteful compared to florescent or even led technology,

Popular Posts