Idaho and other thoughts.

A few months ago, I sat busily working at the kitchen table while the girls, off track at the time, played Playmobile all around me.

(Playmobile is a BIG deal around here and playing it means we can't cook, eat or walk around the kitchen for at least 2 weeks. We are typically very hungry during any Playmobile season. That I managed to carve myself a spot at the kitchen table to work is nothing short of a Playmobile miracle.)

so anyhow...kitchen table, working, surrounding by plastic, Brynn sidles up to me.

B: "Are you workin'?"

L: "Yep."

B: "I feel bad for you that you work so hard."

L: "Don't feel bad, working is fun."

B: "No, you need a vacation. We should go to Idaho."

L: "Why Idaho?"

B: "You know - way to go, Idaho!!" (classic Christensen family joke)

B: (lays her head on my shoulder, 3 second pause in conversation) "You know, I haven't had potstickers in a while."

L: "Potstickers made you think of Idaho?"

B: "No, why? [excited gasp of wonderment] Do they have potstickers in Idaho???" 

L: "Well, you just said you want to go....you know what nevermind."

B: "Love you Mom, have fun working." (resumes making plastic farmers talk to plastic cows.)

And scene.

Synaptic misfire have ever I seen one. Want another one? Check on this last from the past.

Comments

Popular Posts