Busy Beavers.

I don't know why I say busy beaver, but I like it. It just has a nice ring to it. Let's use it in a sentence...

"I'm a busy little beaver."

It sounds cute, right? Way better than saying "I'm a gray haired beaver with a stress induced ulcer." That sounds icky. Busy Beaver is better.

What has put me to busy beaver status?

Well, let's see...work, traveling to Chicago, work, traveling to Atlanta, work, planning Stake Primary training, work, there's the pesky children of mine who demand I feed them regularly and raise them properly, work, traveling to DC for the Cherry Blossom festival, work, being sick, learning a song for Sacrament meeting, work, rescheduling the song until May because I'm sick, work...

Oh, and work.

Chad asked me today if I was out of whites, which is man code for "he is out of whites and will I be doing the laundry anytime soon." Know what I said?

"Nope, I've got plenty."

Which is wife code for "when you run out of whites you know where the washing machine is."

Yes, it is true. Chad and I are still locked in a 2nd shift struggle over laundry. But even typing it is making me feel a little on the mean side, so I'll go up and sort and start a load of whites, but that's it. If he asks me if I'm out of dress socks, well the boy is On. His. Own.

So being busy means I've got a lot to talk about, but little time to talk. Still I'm determined to catch up, so coming in the next few days, posts on:

Easter and the 1st Christensen Family Bunny Brawl
My Amazing Race stops in Atlanta and DC and what I learned by staying at the Ritz. (That's right, THE. Ritz.)
The Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and how I didn't get to see any cherry blossoms.

Sounds exciting right? Stay tuned. I've openly committed to blog, so now it is going to happen. Totally. Promise...right after I start those whites.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey, since you are so busy and we don't see each other much. Do any of your ties need to be dry cleaned? ... Love the utant husband
Marci said…
You crack me up! Then I go to leave you a comment and see Chad's comment, I really laughed out loud! I can see why you two are so good together!!!

Popular Posts