Memories

Soon I will post amazing vacation pictures, witty insights about organized tours and the grand total of sleep I was able to bank while on my trip, but until then here's two things I don't want to forget.

Make Believe
Some children play school or mommies, my children play business trip. Business trip involves getting dolled up in your best dress up clothes, packing a small toy laptop in a bag and swinging it over your shoulder with great flourish, explaining to everyone how you have to go have a meeting with your "work friends," kissing everyone good bye and heading off to exotic places like Chicago and Virginia.

Going Too Far
This is not the silliest of the silly photos, but I choose to preserve the shred of dignity I have left. This was not a flattering photo series for me.

Due to a poorly timed illness, Grace was forced to stay home from the Jazz game last night. To say she was mmmmaaaaaddddd doesn't even begin to cover it. In an effort to cheer her up, we took a ton of silly self portaits with my iPhone. That brightened her mood considerably - I'm quite a riot if you didn't know.

Then we ate Chick-Fil-A and I allowed her to get a drink AND a chocolate shake. Score! Then we came home, snuggled up under my heating blanket and watched Survivor.

"Hey mom," she said. "How about we watch Survivor and American Idol AND Dog the Bounty Hunter or have I just taken it way too far?"
 





Comments

I hope she's feeling better.
Genna said…
glad you're back from vacation...are you guys in DC for the cherry blossom festival this year?? We're in Princeton, NJ--not too far. I wish we could see you and your mom! Gen

Popular Posts