Snow Sad.

Brynn took her Chicago snowglobe for the show and tell.

She showed.

She told.

She packed the snowglobe in her backpack to bring it home.

Between packing and leaving, somehow, some way, someone stepped on her bag and crushed the snowglobe. Smitherins. It even left a big wet, goopy spot on the carpet. (Which Byrnn was totally mortified about. She asked me about 20 times if I thought it would stain. Just water I assured her. [Toxic water full of glitter.] No, I'm sure it's fine. Really.)

She was so sad. That was her favorite snow globe, she said. Her CHICAGO snow globe. Will I go to Chicago again soon? Do I remember where I got the snow globe? Could I call my work friends and tell them I really need to go to Chicago? Could I just go?

She cried and cried and I felt terrible, but it was pretty much done deal. Once a 6 year old boy crushes a tiny snow globe under his giant puppy paw, hopes of snow globe redemption are pretty much gone. So we cried and snuggled and put the remains of our once beautiful snow globe on the ledge above the kitchen sink.

Next, I saw this:
Monster has a Styrofoam ball body, pipe cleaners legs, jewels eyes and a sparkly crayon mouth
"Brynn, what's this?"

"Oh, be careful mom!! The city of Chicago is under attack!!!!"

Even woe has a creative upside.

The next day Brynn came home with a tiny valentine's day Teddy Bear snow globe tucked in her bag. I now have a soft spot in my heart for a kind Kindergarten teacher who loving replaced a shattered snow globe.

Comments

Popular Posts