Happy 14th Anniversary, for real this time!

Duck, NC, June 2010
Summer's in full swing. Recently, we drove home after helping out around my mom's house. We'd been outside, so I was hot, but the on the ride home we ran the AC and it cooled right off.

It was quite pleasant actually.

When we got home, Chad and two sleepy girls hopped out of the car and headed in, as I moved to the driver's seat to for a trip to the grocery store.

As I was backing the car down the driveway, I started to feel so hot again. Really hot. We hadn't even turned the car off, so how in the world could get it so hot in that seat so quickly?

Then I realized that as he was driving, Chad had pointed all the vents toward the passenger seat, toward me. He had done most of the outside work, so he must has been hottest of all, but Chad drove all the way home without a single air vent pointed his direction. That kind of selflessness is so Chad.

Being married to someone like that makes you so much better. When someone treats you with that much kindness and love, you work that much harder to reciprocate. He'll try to tell you he is living up to my standard, but the truth is I'm trying to live up to his.

For the kindest, most selfless person I've even known, here's to 14 more Happy Anniversaries.

Much Love,
L

Comments

Popular Posts