You thought I was dead didn't you...

well, the good news is I'm not dead. Suppose that could be the bad news, depending on your perspective, but if the fact that I am alive is indeed bad news to you, then why are you reading my blog? Gotcha.

Ok, good news I'm not dead. Bad news I've been trying to devote more time to sleeping. Yes, in fact I'm asleep every night by about 10:30 now. Apparently if you have letters after your name I will do anything you tell me to do, because this renewed sense of priority I'm now assigning to sleep was forced upon my by the medical community. And though forced it has in fact turned out to be pretty darn awesome. I am now in bed and ASLEEP, by 10:30 every night and all aspects of my life are benefiting.

Well all areas but 2. Yes, two areas of my life are actually suffering because of this renewed emphasis on sleep.

#1 my grocery shopping. I never really put it all together before, but I shop at night. Late at night, when potatoes are covered and stockboys are wheeling pallets into the aisle, when they turn off the lights inside the freezers and they block that second exit with shopping carts, yes, that's when you will find me trolling the aisle for foodstuffs. So now that I'm unconscious during my regular shopping time - we have no food.

I did manage to make it to the grocery store once during regular hours and it was disorienting. Oh so bright and oh so crowded. "Why aren't you all in bed?" I wondered. Then I remembered it was 11 AM instead of 11 PM.

I haven't figured out how to work grocery shopping into my new life. As a result, at least two meals a day at my house involve cold cereal right now. The milkman brings milk to my house, you'll remember. Yes, indeedy, I have a milkman. Love that guy.

#2 blogging. Yep, sad but true. Then only writing coming off this computer right now is the writing I'm getting paid for. And since I'm not being paid to blog - sleep trumps blogging.

But Lisa, aren't you blogging right now?

Stop over analyzing the blog.

Yes, I'm trying to get back into it. I guess I used to think about my blogging at night, but now that I'm asleep I don't think about it, therefore, I don't have a post worked out in my head when I wake up, therefore, I do not wake up and write a quick post, therefore, I plan to think about it during the day, but am very busy with work, therefore, I do not have time to think about it during the day, therefore, I plan to think about it at night, but instead find myself in a medically induced coma, therefore, no blogging.

Whew. This post brought to you by conjunction junction.



Therefore is actually a conjunctive adverb, isn't it? I don't care, you will still be singing that song at bedtime tonight. You're welcome.

So what's the point? The point is, I'm feeling more rested and made a list of things to blog about. So far there are only two things on that list, but if nothing else I'll find some other school house rock videos to fill the time :) 

Comments

Popular Posts