It's a new Year!!

As of January 1st, I'm the proud Auntie of 10! Little Heidi Marie Larsen was born on New Year's day 2012. That has to be the best birthday ever!

(Unless you are a Mayan and then it's highly disappointing, what with the end of the world and all.)

So with this 10th tiny tot I have once again begun my quest to make myself a favorite Aunt. I've tried with all of them and while they all seem to fancy me, so far only 1 clearly prefers me to all her other relatives.

That's right Press - it's you and me baby!

I have hope that someday when faced with a room full of blood relations, Heidi will follow Presley's good example and choose to walk right to me and wipe her sticky hands on my sweater. (You must be willing to accept such stickiness in order to be the favorite.)

In other news, I've decided to limit myself to one simple resolution this year. I actually started in December, so I'm a month in and doing well. In 2012, I will make my bed everyday, except Monday when the cleaning lady will make it for me and except for those days when I'm too sick to get out of it. So minor revision, in 2012 I will make my bed most days.

Now that may not seem like much, but for me all good, productive things flow from a well made bed, so I'm pretty sure that if I can tackle the bed, I might just get some other important things done too. I will not be naming those important things at this time, lest you think I've made them resolutions.

Nope, one resolution and one resolution only for 2012, make my bed most days. I've a got a good feeling about this year, yes indeedy.


Comments

Popular Posts