Sam's Chowder House


 After the redwoods we went for a drive up the California coast. We saw all the good surf spots, admired the craggy cliffs and learned about elephant seals. Then we stopped for late lunch/early dinner at Sam's Chowder House. From the outside you are not expecting much, but good night, it was delicious.

After Scott and Chad braved the frigid weather to entertain the kids at the beach while we waited for a table, we were happy to finally settle into a spot. We killed time in between courses coloring...

Devin calls this masterpiece "vigorous Lobster"

Then Scott asked to see my camera and when he handed it back to me it had about 20 pictures on it that looked a little something like this...


"What did you think was going to happen when I asked for your camera?" he said.

The camera again found it's way back to that side of the table and by then everyone got in on the action.


So I grabbed my iPhone to capture a few of them having fun. This one is my favorite, real smiles as they admire their own weirdness:


The food finally arrived and boy was it good. Dear Utah - We need more independent restaurants and fewer chains!

Behold ...

halibut, sauteed greens, roasted fingerling potatoes and some kind of sauce. I don't know what the sauce was but, put it in a cup and I'll drink it

Dear S'more cake - I'll be dreaming about you for the next 5 years.

Grace ate her first piece of salmon and actually ate it. I was so proud. The kids were really good during the meal, the meal was really good, the restaurant was right on the beach, so the view was spectacular. All in all, a great end to a fun day.

Here are a few more pics of us at dinner, pretending to be normal people...

Brynn, Chad, Grace and Scott

Scott and Devin

Grace and Dad

Brynn and Grandma Sharon

Mom and Grace


Comments

Popular Posts