Fourth Grade

Grace started 4th grade on Monday! 4th! We went to the "back to school morning" and met her new teacher. We saw her desk. Examined her tote tray. Marveled that last year she was student #4 and this year she is student #3.

Then we waited outside with her until her class walked into school. I gave her a hug, after asking permission to demonstrate affection in front of other kids. We smiled, we waved, we blew her a kiss as she walked in to face her new life as a "big kid."

"That's so weird," Chad said. "When I was in 4th grade I didn't want my mom hanging around."

So I slapped his arm and said "Well don't say that to her. We are going to hang around her as long as she'll have us. If we're lucky we'll get to wave goodbye when she walks in for her first day as a high school Senior."

"I get it," he said. " I want to hang around her forever too."

On another note, Grace's 4th grade goal is to keep her tote tray clean. She came home last night, after the second day of school and said "Day 2. Tote try still clean." Way to go!

Comments

Popular Posts