It's nice for me. Isnt' it?

We had a busy weekend. Family in town for fun and the baby blessing of my darling baby niece, Presley Belle. Who's mother let me hold her all weekend and soak up the baby-ness of it all. Normally, I try to share a baby. Take a fair turn and pass her on, but this weekend no. I was going to get every possible minute I could.

Presley's mother has three children under three, so she said I was helping her by holding her baby for three solid days. You call it service. I call it selfish. Whatever.

Presley's blessing was beautiful. She looked beautiful. It was a happy day.

My girls were good as gold all weekend. It was lots of parties and mingling with adults, playing with new friends, being introduced, going to someone else's ward, etc. They had lovely manners. They played kindly. They took care of littler kids around them. They shared. They helped set up and clean up. They said please and thank you, nice to meet you and how do you do. They were two of the most delightful humans on the planet.

(Of which we have recently discovered there are 6.6 billion. We can't even wrap our tiny minds around such a number. 6 billion! Snap. How many dogs? Everyone is very disappointed that I don't know, off the top of my head, how many dogs are on Earth.)

Last night we got everything ready for school. Set out our clothes, packed our backpack, said a prayer and climbed in bed. While I was laying with Grace, Brynn came in and climbed in Grace's bed. Normally this would cause the shedding of blood, but they just laid there snuggling. They exchanged kind words of love and a couple of kisses (!!) and then Brynn climbed down and went to bed.

Grace looked at me and said "Wow, we've really been loving each other lately. That's nice for you isn't it?"

Seriously, of all 6.6 billion people on the planet. How did I end up with the 2 best ones?

Comments

Popular Posts