I sneeze therefore I am and a bit of Randomness and a story about Wisdom teeth.

Summer is not my favorite time of year. I like the clear skies and beautiful mountain views we've been enjoying, but the heat. Eh. The sneezing. double Eh. Summer is the height of my allergy season. Weeds, trees, GRASSES. Oh the grasses. Pain.

I can tell I worked in the yard yesterday. My tiny little sinus cavities are screaming at me this morning! Did you know I have tiny little sinuses? If I had the sinuses of a normal human, perhaps I wouldn't suffer these terrible allergies. I know that medically speaking that's not very logical, but I don't care. I look for reason in a world of chaos and order and I choose to blame my problems, my allergy problems anyway, on my tiny little sinuses.

Is it annoying that I consistently refer to them as my tiny, little sinuses? But it gives them character and personality. Sinuses is boring, but tiny little sinuses...it has a bit of a Doctor Evil ring to it. Tiny little sinuses poised to take over the world. Ha! Boy, I need sleep.

Speaking of weirdness, for some reason this post reminds me of the time I had my 6th and final wisdom tooth removed. Oh, yes, you read that right - 6th! 4 is the standard package, but I got the upgraded head complete with a solid vocabulary and 6 wisdom teeth. Nothing better than going to the dentist when you are almost 30 and having him say "You know sometime, we really should take your wisdom teeth out."

L: "Um, say what?"

Dr. B: "Your wisdom teeth. We should take them out so they don't cause you any trouble."

L: "Surely you jest. I've already had my wisdom teeth out. At 17. Traumatic."

Dr. B: "Are you sure?"

L: "Think I would remember that."

Dr. B: "Huh, well you have two more. We should take them out."

I tried to deny the reality, but eventually, I was convinced by the wonders of modern technology, vis a vis the x-ray, that I was indeed the proud possessor of 6 wisdom teeth. And then I started to wonder...were those extra wisdom teeth the source of my power? If I allowed them to be removed would I suddenly be limited to single syllable words? Would I become a drooling lump, incapable of expressing myself? I was doomed. DOOMED.

Happy to report that despite being 2 wisdom teeth lighter, I can still toss out words like leverage and disenfranchised and polarizing and derision.

At my request, Chad has recently started calling out when I use big words. I'll be clipping along and he'll say "that one."

L: "That one what?"

C: "What you just said, (fill in the blank), that's not a word normal people use."

Then we have a quick chat about whether I can continue to use that word, or if using it makes me a freak.

Oh man, BIG sneeze. Stinkin' tiny little sinuses. I must go find a tissue. Looks like we have reached the culmination of today's randomness. The denouement, if you will. Lucky for you.

Comments

Popular Posts