Likes

Yesterday on my Facebook homepage, Facebook recommended that I like the Bible because "People who like Outback Steakhouse, like this." And I said "What the what?"

I actually like both the Bible and Outback Steakhouse, but I've never thought those things had any correlation before. Weirdness.

But the suggestion got me thinking about what else I like...

...bike rides on cool summer evenings, especially when people looked like they were going to crash, but didn't!

...lemons. The smell, the color, the tartness, all the wonderful things you can make with lemons. I like that you can squeeze lemon on something and though you can even taste it the whole thing just tastes better.

...to laugh. Because everything in life is so blasted serious, so silliness, weirdness, humor, moments punctuated by sheer, unadulterated goofiness really take the pressure off.

...when the beds are made, the laundry is done, the dishes are clean. When my house is a house of order. It happens. Once in a blue moon.

...when people are getting along. Love works for me. Down with fighting.

...quiet. Really. Noise makes me crazy, so I like it to be quiet. Quiet in the cars, quiet playing the house, quiet music, quiet talking, TVs turned low. Silence is even better, but I'll take quiet.

...cake. This requires no explanation.

....Judge Judy, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Cops, Say Yes to the Dress and other escapist forms of entertainment. Remember when I said life was too serious? File this like under the otherwise I get too serious category.

...red shoes. This stems from childhood obsession with the Wizard of Oz. I had the whole Wizard of Oz book memorized at age 2. I would recite it to my parent's friends. Sorry friends. "Nothing much ever happened in the little town until the day of the big wind..."

...the way babies smell. I might love the way adults smell too, but I can't validate this. Sure you can nuzzle up to a baby and drink in the sweet smell of their tiny little head, but you can't go around sticking you nose on the heads of other grownups. You will get punched.

...cucumbers. They are light and crunchy and don't have that offensive vegetable-ness so many other vegetables have.

...writing about myself, apparently.

Today Facebook recommended that I like...Facebook! And all judgmental-like I thought "narcissist!" Not that I would know anything about that. ;)

Comments

Brammer Family said…
Hey, who's coming over? Because the only reason the house can be clean and in order is if someone is coming over, right?

Offensive vegetableness. I love it. But cucumbers come dangerously close to that line in my house.

Popular Posts