I think they call this procrastinating...

Today was a good day.

Mom and I went to the temple this morning. Lovely. I have a new temple dress, so I am no longer circa 1997 chic. Today was the official first wearing of the dress. The pockets are further back than my old dress, so it's hard to get things in and out of my pockets when I'm sitting down. Otherwise, I liked it. I felt cuter. Feeling cute is an important part of worship, no? Oh, it's not? Well, feeling cute is an important part of self esteem. Anyway, temple = lovely. Trial run of dress = good enough for a second try.

I had a massage this afternoon. It was both incredibly painful and incredibly relaxing. Figure that one out. But I'm happy to report I can once again turn my head to right. You're welcome drivers in the right lane. I've felt a headache coming on the last few days, but that might have pushed it back a bit and maybe I'll be able to get ahead off it. That would be nice. I don't have time to feel like total trash this week.

Then I went to the good grocery store and spent over an hour perusing the aisles. I planned 7 meals based on things that looked good. I never do that. I always make a menu, shop from a list...but today I did it backwards. Big day for me.

Tonight I made a mini-feast. I roasted a boneless turkey breast, which was delicious! Homemade mashed potatoes and stove top and my people thought Thanksgiving had come early. It only took an hour to get in on the table start to finish and part of that time I was playing scrabble on my iPhone, so I don't even think that counts. The girls ate and ate and ate, like I hadn't fed them in a year. And I roasted enough turkey for lunches and snacks this week. It will last this week, unless people keep  munching on it at their current rate and then it will be gone by Monday. I'm thinking turkey, bacon, avocado sandwiches for lunch this week. Any takers? Yum. I might need one right now.

Now the girls are asleep and Chad went to see some scary movie. A movie for which you couldn't pay me to watch the trailer. Seriously, I would give you back your money. I don't do freaky. I thought I would use this time to finish up a PowerPoint I was supposed to have finished by last Thursday. Yes, Thursday. Be quiet it was a self imposed deadline. Anyway I was going to finish it while Chad was gone.

Now I'm blogging, so see how well that plan is working out?

But eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhppppppbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttt....

I'm having a hard time making myself do anything that isn't sleeping or fun. Laundry. No. Work. Nit. PowerPoint. SmowerPoint.

But the dilemma is I've read all the blogs. I'm caught up on People and TMZ. I read the news. I downloaded the pics off my phone. I made sure I was up to date on my  Facebook. And now unless I start something big, there is literally nothing else I can do to screw around. It seems this is where the sidewalk ends. Its work or go to bed.

And because I'll have a complete and total anxiety attack if this is still hanging over my head 24 hours from now I'm gonna finish the stupid PowerPoint. But for the record, when I want to be, I am a gold medal procrastinator.

Comments

Popular Posts