When Brynn grows up.

There's something about being 5-6 years of age that makes my people seriously consider their futures.

Grace was 6 turning 7 when she first came up with the idea of turning our house into an art shop. If you missed that story the first time around, click here. It is from my old blog, but it is still one of my favorite posts ever. A few years later she's still holding pretty firm to the artist idea, but she realizes that it's hard to make a living as an artist. She's tossing around a couple of ideas to supplement her income - maybe she'll moonlight as a policewoman (um, no) or maybe she will combine her love of art and snowboarding and design snowboards. I'm supporting this plan, as I find it super creative and much safer than being a policewoman.

Brynn has long said that when she grows up she's going to be a cowgirl. She's held firm and fast to that plan since she could talk. Her reasoning for becoming a cowgirl is lengthy and logically pretty sound, considering she came up with the plan when she was two. Mostly it involves her overwhelming love of all things furry.

Today her plan changed. She has now decided to be a vet. She will go to college and then vet school. Then she will work at the vet office by our house, taking care of dogs, but not horses because they can't come inside buildings. But maybe she will have them come anyway and just go outside to take care of them. People will call her Dr. Brynn, the vet.

She's got big plans for Sophie (Grandma Sharon's dog who passed away this summer). When Sophie comes back (aka resurrected), Brynn will be working at the vet office, so she can take care of Sophie too. She explained this to my mom who said "When Sophie comes back, she will be perfect, so she won't have to go to the vet." "That's ok," Brynn said. "She can just come by my office to say hi."

This plan must have been brewing for a while, because she has literally talked about it all day, but this is my favorite:

"Mom, do you know why I decided to switch from cowgirl to vet? So I can still be around all the animals, but I don't have to pay all that money to buy a farm."

Makes sense to me.

Comments

Popular Posts