I must really want to blog.

I've started three posts today, but none of them have really panned out. Haven't finished a one. Such is life sometimes, eh? So this post will be about getting to the end. Whatever that means.

Cinnamon Rolls 
I made them yesterday and they are delicious. I gave away half a pan to a neighbor as a thank you and it wasn't enough. I've already eaten 2 today. Come line up at my front door with a paper plate and a fork. I will even warm it up for you. If I don't get rid of them soon I'll gain 20 lbs by week's end. That cannot happen, people. Let's rally.

The sickness
In other news, my people have the sickness. I don't know what sickness they have exactly. It's not quite a cold, not quite the flu. It involves running a mild fever, having an upset stomach, being miraculously healed by Sprite (or blue Gatorade if you are carbonation-averse), crying a lot, having a headache, being healed by laying in my bed with the heating blanket on and watching Despicable Me 4 times in a row without stopping. I'm torn because they seem genuinely sick and genuinely faking it at the same time. I've never seen anything quite like it...I don't know how to respond.

My Sickness
I have also developed a sickness. I am officially allergic to Science Fair projects. I-chi-Momma! Two days to go and the Science Fair will be over. I will be happy. Really happy.

Excercise-Smexcercise
I'm supposed to start this little exercise program today. In my mind, I really want to do it. Emphasis on in my mind. In truth, I want to use the exercise think system. It has served me this well this long. Exercise seems like an 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it kind of thing." Still Chad is becoming quite serious in his exercise, so I feel like I should give it a go.

Apparently my left hip got wind of impending doom because as of last night it is out of the socket. Way out. Out like one leg is walking next to me instead of underneath me. I was sitting in church, I got up, I couldn't walk. I'm limping around something fierce. Apparently my body is with me on this one - my mind is the only place we want to exercise.

Humility
Having two children forces you to be humble. Having my two children also forces you to have a really strong sense of self-esteem. They are a cruel mix of helpful and observant. Today just out of that bath with a head full of damp, bouncing curls Brynn came into the kitchen.

"Is my hair curly?"

"Yep."

"What's your hair?"

"My hair is straight."

"Yeah," she says waving her hand wildly above her head "but kind of sticking up all over too."

Thank you, sweet child of mine.

Ah there it is, the end. I knew it was here somewhere.

Comments

LeShel said…
Lovin this post. I so wish I could come over and eat one of your cinnamon rolls. I too am working on the working out thing. I'm doing the working out but my body seems to think I'm not and is gaining weight. Maybe I'm in opposite world and if I eat a cinnamon roll I'll lose weight? Might be worth a try.
Brynn said…
Oh no. We had that sickness too. It lingered and came and went. It's not good. Hope they feel well soon.

Popular Posts