Tales of Woe.

Yesterday when we thought Grace might miss the science fair we tried to cheer her up by sharing with her our tales of childhood disappointment. I'm never sure how hearing about other people's traumas are supposed to cheer you up, but it must be the human way, because we all do it. Someone has issues and we sharing our issues so we can bond as a species.

Anyway, neither of us had thought of these experiences in a while, so I thought I should write them down.

Chad and Senior Prom Woe
Chad missed his Senior Prom because he had appendicitis. He called his date and she thought he was just trying to get out of going. Teenage girls, seriously. Apparently she felt bad when she came to visit him in the hospital. He ended up staying in the maternity ward after his surgery. No idea why...hospital overcrowding I guess. His rather unique gender for that area of the hospital got him lots of attention.

Lisa and Kindergarten Field Trip Woe

In kindergarten I went to a private school called Onslow Academy in Jacksonveille, North Carolina. My favorite lunch was butter and honey sandwiches on white bread (I've always been a healthy eater, haven't I?) and I missed the kindergarten field trip. We were going to my teacher's house for our field trip and she had a tree house. That's right a tree house. I remember being so excited only to get there that day and be told I had chicken pox. Chicken pox?!!? What the heck are chicken pox?

Apparently, Chicken Pox are little owies, that itch like the dickens are cause you to miss what would have otherwise been the best day of your life.I'm still bitter.

These are the tales that were supposed to ease Grace's sadness over missing the science fair...

Comments

Popular Posts