New Car. New Rules.

So many things to catch up on - braces, parent teacher conferences, the sad tale of a broken snow globe. But I'm busy working on my book. I haven't worked on it in a long time. I laid it on the shelf for several months because it was too overwhelming to think about. I refuse to be stressed out about it. If I'm not going to enjoy writing it, then what's the point? The writing is the fun part, so I took a nice long break. But this weekend I got the bug again and I've made ton of progress in the last few days. It leaves me no time to blog, but I'm keeping a list of topics, so when the book slows back down, I'll know what I wanted to say here.

Ok, in the meantime, one quick snippet. We took the kids to dinner last night and the hostess gave them crayons. Lately they have become very into returning the crayons. Brynn carefully handed her crayon stash to the hostess on our way out. "Thank you," she said, " we had fun coloring."

"You can keep the crayons if you like," hostess offered.

Brynn turned around with wide, sweet eyes, cocked her head to one side and said "Oh, no thank you. My mom has a new car and she doesn't let us bring our crayons in it."

6 going on 30.

Comments

Popular Posts