Little Helper.

Baby Brynn, 2007
Brynn came into our room this morning after breakfast.

"I can't put the apple juice away, so I left it on the table." 

"No problem, we'll put it away."

"Remember when she was a baby and she used to "help" us all the time?" Chad asked.

"That's right what was that thing she would always say?"

"I clean dat up." 

Brynn has always been a cleaner. I can't count the number of times someone would be looking for something and wonder aloud where it was. "Where are the  car keys??" 

And a tiny voice would respond: "I clean dat up." 

"Uh oh, where did you put it?"

"I don't know."

We spent countless hours looking for things Brynn had "cleaned up." Lost keys, shoes, TV remotes. Once I opened the CD cabinet and it was filled with crackers. "Um Brynn, what's this?"

"I clean dat up." 

"Excellent."

Over time "I clean dat up" morphed into the sweet little question "I help youuuu?" The long drawn out emphasis on the oooo sound. 

Darling baby. Just darling. 

{hugs to you baby Brynner} 

Comments

Popular Posts