Answers to Prayers.

Before we pray at night we take 30 seconds and everyone says what, if anything, they need the person praying to say on their behalf.

At first the requests were pretty generic. Help me have a good day tomorrow. Help my finger feel better. (Brynn is plagued by mysterious ailments, which needs healing.)

But lately they've gotten a little more specific. Help me get all my work done during class tomorrow. Help me concentrate even if it is noisy in the room. Help my angry client be calm tomorrow. (Brynn still prays over her invisible injuries, but we've capped her at two ailments per family prayer and the rest she can pray for on her own in bed, which she totally does.)

I like doing this for lots of reasons. For one, it helps it feel more like a family prayer. It is a simple, kind and selfless service to pray for someone else. I'm a big believer in it and I like that my children are getting that experience. Praying for something that another person needs.

Tonight was Daddy's turn to pray. We had our talk and Grace asked if Dad would pray that she feels better.

"Anything specific?" he asked.

"No, just better about everything."

Grace is getting to a tweeny stage. I don't blog about it much because it feels like she needs tweeny privacy. She's always been emotional, but she's a bit more moody lately and today she was downright brooding. All my queries were met with big eye rolls and huffing. Tweeny hormones. Joy.

So her non specific request to feel better touched my motherly heart.

We prayed and Chad asked Heavenly Father to bless Grace that she would feel better and whatever was bothering her would be resolved. That she would feel happy and loved.

We said Amen and opened our eyes and before she could catch them, sweet tears fell from Grace's hazel eyes.

"I'm not crying!" She protested.

"We didn't say anything," I said.

"Ok, I'm crying a little, but that just felt good."

So we talked for a moment about feeling the Spirit and how that means that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. And He answers them. And He loves us. And He loves you, sweet Grace. And if you need to feel better, He can help you feel better.

"I knooooowwww," she said. (Bet you didn't know that know is actually a two syllable word, well in tween it is. Count 'em. Two syllables.)

Like I said a moment. Don't want to ruin a spiritual experience with too much talking. :)

Comments

Popular Posts