Weekend Update - Valentine's Edition

What a fun weekend we had. All lovey and what not.  Because my children are adored, they got way too many treats, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

Friday
Had a lovely dinner date with Chad and my parents. My dad was in town to surprise my mom for Valentine's day.  We had dinner at Tuscany, which now has light up menus. Apparently the ambiance doesn't lend itself to menu reading, so rather than turn up the lights, those restaurant geniuses back lit the menus! It was cool. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't think of that until just this second when I suggested it to myself.

Chad brought me a dozen roses before our date and when I asked him what I should wear, he said trying to pick his favorite outfit was like trying to pick the best dinner I make...they are all so wonderful, he can't choose. {heart} him. 

Saturday
We probably should have cleaned the house, but we didn't.

We should have gone to DI and dropped off the latest load from my 2010 closet cleaning craze, but we didn't.

We really should have done some laundry, but we didn't.

My mom and dad brought the girls each a little Valentine's Box with candy and a stuffed dog. Then we went to Park City, walked around in the snow and looked at footwear. We ended up with 9 pairs of sport socks for Chad. (While doing laundry I routinely throw out socks with holes and the boy has recently found himself sans socks. I'll hear him rummaging through his drawer and then he'll holler out "are you throwing out my socks again?" I usually don't answer, it feels like a rhetorical question.) And each of us girls got a pair of tennis shoes.

As a result of our purchase we spent the afternoon teaching Grace to tie her shoes. She hasn't been that interested to learn before now and she's not one to be persuaded to do something. But the shoes she wanted had tie up laces, so I told her if she wanted them she would have to learn to tie her shoes. She mastered it in one afternoon. Learning is all about motivation isn't it? In order to learn something you have to have a reason to know it. Otherwise, who cares?

We went to dinner with Chad's mom and dad to top off our day. After the girls were in bed I put up a few decorations and made sugar cookies. The decorations were met with lukewarm results, so likely I won't worry about that next year, but the cookies were a hit. Looks like our food traditions continue.

Sunday
Ah, love. We relaxed before church and I decorated cookies. We made it to church despite much crying and fit pitching during the getting ready process.

Chad's parents invited us over for dinner and after dinner gave the girls new charms for their charm bracelets.

"There's one more thing," grandpa says and he proceeds to pull out a box of bakery cookies. He then gives each child a cookie as big as her head. I'm not kidding. I've never seen such big cookies in all my life. I made the girls cut them and save the half. I'm mean like that.

We dropped a batch of our cookies off to my mom and dad on the way home and got sucked in to watching the Amazing Race and some other ridiculous show before we went home. By the time we rolled the children into their beds it was late. LATE.

Let's recap...we ate out a lot, we did no housework, we gave the girls more sugar in one weekend than they've had in a year,  and we let them stay up super late. I have a feeling that over the next few days, I'm going to be paying for all the fun...

Comments

Isn't that what holidays are all about? Good luck.

Popular Posts