Getting it pulled together.

What a week. One of those that goes by too fast and too slow.

The major construction is complete. Hardwood and tile are in, as well as new kitchen backsplash. It looks lovely and I'm very happy. The downside, my ratty old dishtowels that I've been loving along for 15 years? Well, they are looking super ratty now. Can't hang ratty old dish towels in your brand new kitchen, so I'll likely be making a Target run this weekend for a few that are not quite so embarrassing.

We've cleaned and scrubbed. I've mopped everyday and finally feel like I'm getting on top of the dust a little bit.

We are back to eating breakfast at the kitchen table.

Yesterday I got caught up on the laundry and cleaned my room.

I have yet to tackle the basement. In fact I don't really even want to go down there and so in this moment I've decided to wait until the children come home and make them help me. It is their mess after all.

We have a lot to do this weekend. Baseboards to caulk and touch up, vents to put back on, etc. But then we'll really be done. And we're doing it this weekend, so 6 months from now we're not sitting at the dinner table saying "boy, we really need to caulk those baseboards."

Because that will totally happen.

Comments

Brammer Family said…
Oh, you know John-Erik is going to be knocking on your door as soon as he possibly can. Put him to work! He can caulk! He can baseboard! Make him earn his tour. I bet it looks fantastic, and feels good to be done. Hooray for your endurance!
Awesome!!!! I can't wait to see it.

Popular Posts