Proof I am a good mother, otherwise known as the elementary school Halloween parade.

October 29, 2010
Elementary School Halloween parade

The mothers of the neighborhood sit perched on the edge of a hard metal folding chairs at 8AM, waiting. Waiting to watch our children walk by in their costumes. The costumes we dressed them in. The costumes we saw them walk into school wearing not 10 minutes before.

But we're here. Waiting. Because it is important to the children. They care that we sit there for the 10 seconds it will take them to walk by in their costumes. We must cheer, wave, take pictures. We do this because we are good mothers.

We love them. We sit. We wait. We wave. We cheer. We admire their costumed beauty. We take pictures.

Because it is, after all 8AM, and we need documented, photographic evidence of our status as good mothers.





So there you go. Documented proof.


PS. I had so much fun chatting with so many moms from the neighborhood. I don't get out much. I was reminded that human contact is important! I also feel much better about my copious library fines and how often I show up at the school in my "comfy clothes."

PPS. The kids walked by so fast this year that it literally gave me vertigo. Tell me I wasn't the only one...

Comments

Popular Posts