A Tale of Two Trips.

Trip 1
October 31st I flew to Orlando for the implementation of a program I've been working on since June. It turned out well, though I massively underestimated the amount of work or the amount of walking that would be required while I was there.

I had to readjust my wardrobe a little bit when I got there to ensure I was wearing sensible shoes everyday. Thank goodness I took a couple of backup outfits. I ended up wearing black the entire time, but if they noticed, no one pointed it out.

I was planning to sleep in a little the first day and try to catch up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Instead, I worked 45.5 hours in three days. Have mercy. 

By the time it was over and I got in the car to rendezvous with my family at Disneyworld I was whip-ED. Car service driver spoke little English and had no earthly idea where we were going. I kept saying "Wilderness Lodge."

"I don't know."

"Near the Magic Kingdom."

"I know Magic Kingdom."

"Great, Wilderness Lodge, near Magic Kingdom."

" I don't know."

This went on for some time. Finally when I found the address I said "Do you have a GPS?"

"GPS? Yes!"

"Great I have the address."

So he pulls off the highway to enter the address. It took us about 8 minutes to get the address entered, so turns out pulling off the road was a good choice and thanks to technology we were able to drive right to it.

When we arrived he said "Make sure."

"Make sure this is the Wilderness Lodge?"

"Yes."

So I stuck my head out of the car and said to the Bell Hop. "Is this the Wilderness Lodge?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

Thank heavens.

By the time I saw Chad I laid my head on his shoulder and cried. "I thought it went really well," he said.

"It did!" I cried. "It couldn't have gone better."

"Then why are you crying?"

"I'm jut so tired I could literally die."

But the children needed to eat, so I sat at dinner with them, loved on them, and drank a coke. By the time we got to our room, I couldn't feel my feet, but I managed to get the kids ready for bed, get myself ready for bed and lay down. Chad said I fell asleep in less than a minute, which is a record for me.

Trip 2

The next morning we got up and hit DISNEYWORLD!!! It was like the trip of a lifetime for the girls. They had so much fun. Our 4 day agenda included:

Riding the boat from out hotel to the Magic Kingdom about 100 times
Spending a full day at the Magic Kingdom and literally walking on every ride, no lines anywhere
Breakfast with characters! thrilling
Spending 1/2 day at Epcot, 1/2 day at Animal Kingdom  (where our extended hours allowed me to take Brynn on 2 safari rides and she was in HEAVEN!!)
Spending a morning at Magic Kingdom, an afternoon at Hollywood Studies and back to Magic Kingdom for extended hours until Midnight (MIDNIGHT!)
Doing our homework in the lobby while waiting for the airport shuttle, what a drag

It turned out to be both rainy and cold. We had raincoats, so we were fine on the rainy days, but ended up buying gloves, hats and scarves to get us through the cold parts. Most days were colder there than they were here.

But overall, our trip was just awesome. We had so much fun. We rode almost everything together. We laughed. We just had a great time. It is  definitely a trip we want to make again.
meeting the characters and getting autographs were a BIG deal on this trip

thrilled to meet Daisy, crazy thrilled!

Donald, Brynn and Grace - Grace loved this hat

Look Ma, no lines!!

Grace, Dad and Brynn

MICKEY AND MINNIE = Children in heaven

Grace and mom

riding the people mover, which turned out to be one of Brynn's favorite rides - go figure


bipolar ride buddies - they want to ride together, but without any touching each other in any way. good luck with that

cutie grace

brynn on safari. She made me take a picture of every animal that we saw.

they each chose Stitch as their souvenir

the chilly, but exciting Main Street Electrical Parade

never got to meet Chip and Dale, so they improvised!

aftermath

aftermath, part duex



 
I have about 300 more pics, because both Chad and I were just snapping away, but I'll spare you.

Comments

SO fun!! Brynn was showing me her necklace that she got there yesterday in Primary! I cannot believe their were NO lines! Amazing! Disney is SO great. I LOVE it!

Popular Posts