Book Reports in the Year 2011

POST UPDATE: Grace got 105/100 on her book report and she is convinced that the shovel humor put here over the top. She said everyone in her class laughed and told her that her project was the best. Beaming- that kid was beaming!


Book reports are more fun than I remember. For her September book report Grace read the book Holes and for said report we did a video where Grace played two characters and I interviewed them about important things that happened in the book. We had a lot of fun working on it.

Grace played Stanley (the main character) and the Warden (the villain), complete with long, blood red nails (press on of course).

At the last minute Grace came up with the idea to interview the shovel. "It will be so funny, Mom. You'll make it funny! Come on, Mom." Like I need convincing to interview the garden tools. Please, I'm so all over that.

For your viewing pleasure - the clip my children have watched 50 times tonight. I doubt you will enjoy it as much as they do, but it was a pretty clever idea. I'm rather proud Grace is developing her humor gene.


Video credit: Chad, shot on our hand held Flip Video and yes, we know the lighting sucks, but we're pretty impressed with our mad video skills, so don't burst our bubble.

Comments

Popular Posts