From the mouth of babes...

We had a Halloween party and Trunk or Treat at our church last night. It was fun, a little chaotic, but the kids loved it! Trunk or Treat was definitly the best part. There were so many people there is was pretty amazing. It was fun to see so many people from our neighborhood who do not attend our church join us for a little spooky fun!

I knew 5 PM was too early to pick a favorite funny quote of the day. Brynn gave me two more choices last night.

Brynn seems to have a sense for when there will be a crowd and big, big crowds always make her a littler nervous. She reverts to her super shy baby days. The days when we used to take her to resturants, church, the mall, the grocery store, really anywhere with more than 5 people and she would bury her head in my neck and cry.

As we were getting the girls dressed for the party last night Brynn says to me "Oh mom, I'm so nerms."
L: You're so what?
B: nerms, Mom, nerms.
Grace: She means nerves, Mom.
L: Oh, you're nervous!
B: Yeah, mom, people make me really nerms. My tummy hurts I'm so nerms.

She got over it quickly however. As we were walking over to the church building (Yes, we live basically across the street from our building. I've never lived where we could have a neighborhood church before and it's wonderful.) Brynn says "Oh the party is at the church?"
L: Right.
B: I love party church!

Comments

Popular Posts