We're sparkly!

You know how you go to the beach and there is sand in the car for about 6 months? You vaccum it and try to clean it up, but somehow those microscopic sand particles just refuse to be sucked away. Well, glitter is a thousand times worse than sand.

You know exactly where I am going, don't you?

Brynn spilled an entire bottle of silver glitter this morning. Trying to clean up glitter is like battling the blob. Glitter senses that you are trying to get rid of it and as a defense mechanism it actually multiplies. "You may get some of us," it cries wickidly, "but you'll never get us all!"

So the glitter that was spilled in one spot on the kitchen table is now all over the kitchen. It is all over my feet. There is a glitter trail going down the hall to the bedrooms. There is glitter in my bed (and I just changed my sheets last night!) Let's just say that the house is very sparkly.

So everytime you see anything we own, touch or even think about for the next 2 years it is going to have silver glitter on it.

"Is your hair really getting that gray?" you'll ask with deep concern. Nope, glitter.

"Are you wearing braces again?" Nope, glitter.

"Do you ever give your kids a bath?" Of course, but I bathe them in glitter.

It's going to be a long couple of years.

Comments

As much as I totally don't envy you, I can't keep myself from totally cracking up! But hey....it could be worse. At least everything seems better all sparkly!
Marci said…
So every time I read your blog I have a good giggle! THANKS! And good luck with the glitter! I know what you mean! Don't ever buy the little girl jeans with the glitter on them...It doesn't last long on the jeans and takes SEVERAL washes for the glitter be gone and all of us back to our normal dull selves!
Lisa said…
Oh, yes, glitter jeans would be very, very bad. A mom did not invent glitter jeans!

lc
amelia said…
Hey! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left a little comment! And Thank you for your sweet compliment! You girls are very beautiful too! It looks and sounds like you guys are doing great! As life gets busier this is a really great way to stay in touch! Take care! Can I add you to my buddy list?
amelia
Lisa said…
Hi Amelia, please add me and I'll do the same for you. I don't want to lose track of your cute family!

lc

Popular Posts