I'm raising Hobbits...

No, seriously...a diminutive race of people who eat a minimum of 6 times a day and like bright colors? Who does that sound like?

Remember how in the movie Lord of the Rings Frodo, Sam, Pip and the hobbit who was later stranded on an island with the Super Hot, er, um, I mean ... relatively good looking Dr. Jack Shepard - oops, I've digressed. Anyway, in the movie those pesky little hobbits are always asking about their next meal. When is breakfast? second breakfast? tea? dinner? supper?

Well I have fed my own little hobbits no less than 6 meals today. I mean seriously, these kids can pack away some food. They were in their pjs on their way to bed tonight and they were both crying, literally crying, about how hungry they were. Fine I say. We're not running a prison camp around here, after all. If you are hungry enough to cry about it, we'll feed you. But I say with all my motherly authority a bowl of cereal and a piece of toast and That. Is. It.

I remember a time in our lives when Chad and I didn't buy bread because we couldn't eat it before it got moldy and we live in the desert, so that takes like two months! Now we eat at least two loaves of bread a week.

So I say on behalf of hobbit mothers everywhere - put the Rice Krispies down, Samwise Gamgee - you're eating your mother out of house and hobbit-hole!

Comments

Hee hee, Lisa! You are too funny! I feel like I'm feeding my kids all the time, but most of the time it is just in an effort to find something my starving girl will eat. I sooo have more empathy for parents with picky eaters. I try not to cater to her, but she really is so so picky and wants to be up all night nursing if I don't. Grrrrr. Good luck with your little hobbits!

Popular Posts