Grossed Out

We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. For those of you who are not Chick-Fil-A regulars, you may or may not know that the drinks come in large, white Styrofoam cups. On the way home my cup caught the sunlight just right and I noticed a light pink smudge on the rim. My mild germaphobic tendancies hit the roof.

Lisa: "Oh my gosh, tell me that is not lipstick on my cup."
Chad: "Let me see. No, that couldn't be lipstick. How would there be lipstick on the cup?"
Lisa: "Oh it is. Oh Chad. Oh my gosh! How can they reuse a cup?!?!"

I'm getting ready to tell Chad to turn the car around so I can go back to the resturant and have a holy screaming fit, when I remember something. My drink was a little overflowing when I got it and I, not being one to waste perfectly good Coke, sipped the excess off the lid. With all my powers of deductive reasoning really revving at full speed I realize ... it's my lipstick.

Lisa: "Nevermind. It's ok. It's my lipstick. Crisis averted."

Chad probably had a witty retort here, but he was too busy what being doubled over with laughter and all. From the back seat I hear Grace say "What Dad? What's so funny?"

Chad: "Mom's just really tired."

Comments

Brynn said…
I'm glad I finished reading this story. I was totally grossed out for you and was going to swear off chick-fil-a for myself. That is quite funny.

Popular Posts