Questionable History and a Crazy Brother

My whole family was in town this weekend for my youngest brother's wedding. While they were here it came to my attention that one among us feels very under-represented on the blog. Or as he put it "You never blog about me, what's up?" In my defense, this person is not one of my children, I'm not married to him and I could fill 10 blogs with his antics. It feels like a slippery slope. Blog about one funny thing he does and where does it end??

We did agree over Christmas, however, that I'd write a post for him, but since I've been home I couldn't remember what I was supposed to say. We sat across from each other at the wedding luncheon and Scott was incredulous.

S: "You don't remember??"
L: "I'm sorry, I really, really don't."
S: "Scattagories," He says is a voice dripping with disdain.
L: "Sorry, still not getting it."
S: "Historical figures"
I continue to stare at him blankly.
S: "Oh my word, Gilbert Gottfried. Is this ringing any bells?"

Ahhhh! The light went on. So here's the deal. Scott likes to try to use his natural charm and charisma to cheat with abandon. We were playing Scattagories at Christmas. Picture it - the letter is G, the prompt a historical figure and Scott puts Gilbert Gottfried.

Sorry, dude. That's pushing it.

So in the wake of that ridiculous answer I led the vote to discount it. And that's when his charm kicked in. He schmoozed, he smiled, but I could not be persuaded. He wasn't getting one, let alone two points for Gilbert Gottfried as a historical figure.

S: "Who did you put?"
L: "George Washington"
S: "And you are seriously telling me that you don't think history will remember Gilbert Gottfried the way it remembers George Washington?"
L: "That is seriously what I'm telling you."

I won. :)

Scott, thanks for making my life both joyous and wholly unpredictable. I'm a lucky sister.

Comments

Hee hee...your family must be a hoot when you're together! Congrats on the wedding. I bet it's been a wonderful and crazy weekend. It was good to see you for a minute at choir today. Take care.

Popular Posts