Weekend Update with Lisa Christensen

We had sort of a boring weekend and I loved it! We've been so busy. Traveling, getting home, car trouble - I needed a weekend with nothing but normal and I got it.

Grace had her first snowboarding lesson on Saturday. Chad and I agreed that to grow up 40 mins from the greatest powder on Earth and not at least try and learn to ski is pretty lame. She wanted to snowboard, not ski, so Santa Claus gave her 5 snowboarding lessons for Christmas. She loved it, but I think it was exhausting. We were so excited for her and we tried to get all the details out of her, but all she would say was "it was fun. I liked it." Maybe we'll hear more next week.

Brynn and I went to the grocery store where she got to push a little cart. Oh, she was in heaven. She loves the little cart and I almost never let her push one because they are either
A) not available when we go or
B) I'm in too big a hurry for a four year old to push a tiny cart.
She also runs into the back of my legs every 3 steps, which makes me really crazy.

We used a recipe from her new cookbook to make meringue cookies. I taught her how to separate eggs with her hands, which she found both disgusting and wonderful all at the same time. We put away the rest of the Christmas stuff (finally!) and best of all, we took a nap. I don't think that was Brynn's favorite part, but it sure was mine.

We went out for pizza last night and made a late night pit stop at Wal-Mart to buy new nightlights. A lot of new nightlights. More on that in another post.

Today was a good day. Sacrament talks were good. Kids were pretty good in sacrament meeting, except for Brynn's non-stop singing during the high council talk. I kept getting after her, but she simple replied "What?!? I'm singing about the temple." Yeah, I don't have a witty come back for that one.

I got the unexpected chance to talk out some of my worries today. I wouldn't have sought out the opportunity. As member of the lifetime worry wort club and with a gold medal in internalizing the pain of those around me, I worry a lot for others, so I tend to try and work out my own problems in my head. I don't want to worry people, so I very rarely tell someone all my worries. I'll tell a few things to special people, but I don't really spill my guts. Today I spilled and it was good.

We had reheated pizza for dinner. Well not me, I had a glass of carnation instant breakfast and a single serve pack of pringles. Dinner of champions. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for a few minutes tonight to show them the girl's Star Wars costumes and because, and I quote, "They make brownies every Sunday." This was news to them, so sweet Grandma threw a chocolate cake into the oven knowing we were coming.

Now I'm going downstairs to watch 24, the only show on TV I have grown to truly hate. I used to love it, but it has become so formulic and stupid that I can't stand it. I'm giving it one week. You hear me, Keifer? One week to woo me back and then I will officially swear off 24 forever. And if it gets stupid again, I'm out of here. Don't think you can suck me in to watching a whole season on the hope that it will get better because after the Mexican-bee-sting-lips-season and the nuclear-bomb-we-don't-speak-of-season I know that once it goes South, there is no bringing it back. There will never be another Nina and I've learned to live with that.

Chad is making me watch it, so I plan to put my feet in his lap right next to a big bottle of lotion - I think he will get the message.

Comments

Popular Posts