Sakura Matsuri - Recovery

We crashed after the street fair on Saturday. I slept almost all day Sunday. Woke up about 1 PM, went downstairs, sat down at the table where my mom laid a waffle and some sliced strawberries in front of me. I scarfed that down and laid down on the couch where I proceeded to sleep for another 4.5 hours. Apparently, that long morning of sleeping in really took it out of me!

We had been talking Saturday night after we got home about how despite being downtown, we didn't get to see the cherry trees! So after a late Sunday dinner, my dad asked me to come on a ride with him. He proceeded to drive me around the neighborhood (as we sang "I was born under a wandering star" from Paint Your Wagon) and show me all the cherry trees. So I haven't seen the cherry trees on the Potomac, but I have seen the trees on the Port Potomac! :)

Love you, Dad.

Comments

Popular Posts