The Tax Man Cometh

So my favorite day of the year is almost here again - tax day! A few years ago we stopped doing our own taxes, they just got too complicated. Just pulling all the information together to give to the accountant takes me several days and I stress about it. Majorly stress.

In general, I don't stress as much as I used to. Ok now, I can hear you laughing mom and Chad, but it's true. I've given up many of my old stressors. I'm down to just the really serious stuff like bears, global pandemic and taxes. Oh and the backyard, for some reason I find the backyard really, really stressful. It's weird, I know, don't get me started.

Anyway, taxes. We have a great accountant. He's good. He's thorough and honest and best of all, he gets me. He humors me in my psychosis. He's not offended when he calls and I answer the phone with a harried reply like "for the love of all that is holy Bruce, why are you calling me again? Is anyone going to jail? Do I have to write another check?"

In addition to doing my taxes, putting it all together in a orderly and precise way, enduring my endless questions as I go over everything, he prints all my docs and payment coupons and paper clips them to the pre-addressed envelopes in which they should be mailed. Idiot proof. I love it.

I must have driven him just a teeny bit crazy this year, however, because he gave me envelopes that had to be licked. eeeeewwwww.

Comments

Popular Posts