Cryptic but smart

Brynn is kind of obsessed with lip gloss right now. She wants to wear lip gloss every day. She's 4. I'm not so gung-ho about my four year old getting her daily dose of makeup, so I let her wear chapstick and occasionally, when she needs a boost or has been really good, I slap a tiny bit of pink gloss on those baby lips.

My mom was here over the weekend and she related the following to me. She was in putting on a little lipstick and Brynn asked for some. My mom said sorry, but this is lipstick and little girls don't need to wear lipstick. So Brynn asks the following:

Does it go on your lips or is it blind?

Say what? But think about it, pretty smart actually. Is it lipstick where the color stays on your lips? Or is it chapstick where you don't see any color? She asked is it blind, but I think she means invisible.

When you don't quite have the words to explain something, you have to use words you know. When you are blind you can't see, so it makes sense (using 4 year old logic) that when you can't see something it is also blind. I thought that was pretty smart.

Comments

Popular Posts