Out of Ideas

I'm so in the mood to blog, but I don't have anything to say. I know, who thought the words "I don't have anything to say" would ever come out of my mouth?? bizarre.

Sometimes when I have nothing to say, I ramble on and end up with some of my favorite posts. So here I blog, aimless, without purpose.

Today someone said the purse I was carrying was the biggest purse they had ever seen me using. To which I thought, you have noticed the size of my purses? weird.

I've been thinking a lot about my purpose in life, but have come to no firm conclusions. Alas I'm still just meandering along filled with questions. The day I figure out what I'm doing here on earth, great day.

I'm counting down to our long awaited beach vacation. Current count t-minus 5 days. I long to smell of sunscreen.

I had the most unpleasant deep tissue massage of my life. I literally had tears in my eyes it hurt so badly, but, of course, I wouldn't let myself actually cry. The pain was worth it though, because my back feels better and I haven't had a headache in three days. glory be.

hmmm....what else?

The children are still driving me crazy. They need to go on vacation more than I do. I bought them bubbles and sent them into the front yard to play bubble wars. They love bubble wars. That was a supremely good idea, until they ran out of bubbles.

My kids are obsessed with ketchup. They put it on everything. I hate ketchup, so I'm grossed out, but at least they are eating.

Last week I read an article about how monogamy was the product of an agrarian life. Apparently 100 years ago, back when we were all farmers, it was really inconvenient to cheat on your spouse, but the abundance of reasonably priced hotels and the greater number of people living in suburban and urban areas has made infidelity both convenient and accessible. Wow. That article made me hopping mad. I fussed and fumed around the house for three days after reading that. Forgive me if I don't equate convenient and moral. I think the thing that made me so irked was the fact that the author of the article was a religion columnist for a major newspaper. What religion teaches you to be faithful to your spouse just as long as cheating is really inconvenient? Can you say great and abominable church? Sorry, guess I'm still peeved.

Guess that's it. ramble complete. signing off.

Comments

Popular Posts