Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

It's funny what upsets a kid. Brynn came upstairs crying this afternoon. She threw herself on my bed and wailed.

L: "What's wrong?"
B: "I'll never get to be a cowboy!" (followed by a long waaaaaa!)
L: "Why can't you be a cowboy?"
B: "Because Grace says cowboys are only in Texas and that Texas is stupid."

Ah yes, Grace the great authority on all things both cowboy and Texan...whatever.

L: "You can be a cowboy and live in UT. I know lots of cowboys."
B: "You do? Do horses do good here?"
L: "Yes horses really like UT."
B: "So when I grow up, I can still be a cowboy? Cause being a cowboy is really fun."
L: "Sure, when you grow up you can be a cowboy."

Satisfied, she happily skipped off her life long dream of riding off into the sunset preserved. I heard her going downstairs and a sweet sing-songy voice she calls "Oh, Graaaaaacccceee. Guess what Mom said..."

Comments

Popular Posts