Another one bites the dust

Ah, jeans. Bane of my existence. I can't find jeans that fit me. Can't. If they fit in the waist they are highwaters. If they are long enough they are way too big in the waist. Plus, and I know this is crazy talk, I like jeans that cover my hip bones. Weird. I know.

When I find a pair of jeans that I can make work, I'm very careful with them. My number one rule. I don't dry jeans in the dryer. The dryer is the enemy of jeans.

As I was getting dressed yesterday, I tried to slip on a pair of clean jeans. And, huh? Ankles showing. Thighs tight. Waist, well let's just say I'm pretty sure the button and button hole used to meet. Now? Not so much.

So either I gained 50 pounds and grew three inches since last week, or THEY GOT DRIED!

Shoot. They are goners. Goners, I tell you. Three years I protected those babies, but you let your guard down, you get complacent and what happens? Well for starters you run out of pants. (sniff)

Comments

amelia said…
shoot! jeans are precious commodities! when you finally find a pair that you love and then lose them... death!!! good luck finding the next "right" pair!

Popular Posts