Getting Carded.

This week I was back at my old stomping grounds - the BYU. That's right "the" BYU. It's a cool Provo thing, don't try to understand.

While at the BYU, I stopped in the bookstore and bought myself a scarf. Purple. Soft. Super cute. I'm sure I'll be wearing it everyday for a while. But surprisingly the scarf isn't the story.

The checkout person asked me for my student ID card!! I literally laughed out loud.

Lisa: I don't have a student ID card.
Checkout Person: Did you forget it?
L: Um, no I didn't forget it. I haven't had a student ID for many years.
CP: Can't be that many.
L: I'm not buying you a scarf no matter how much you suck up to me.
CP: Seriously, how many years?
L: Um, more than 10.
CP: No way.
L: Way.
CP: I don't believe it.

Now don't write me a comment and tell me how you would never mistake me for a 22 year old coed...or how coloring my gray hair does make me seem younger...or how you remember me in college and I definitely look older...or ask my what kind of miracle eye cream I'm using.

No, I'm in no need of such snarky comments.

I got carded, just let me enjoy it.

Comments

Popular Posts