Being the Mom.


DisneyWorld, November 2010
I've been sitting here drafting and redrafting, but I can't find the words for this post. Everything I write feels rehashed and trite. It all feels like the same overly sentimental, greeting card nonsense, which has lost all real meaning.

But my heart is filled to the brim with love for these babies. Motherhood has changed me. I am 9 years and 11 months into my career as a mom and to say I've learned a few things is really short selling my experience. 

I'm smarter and oh so much more aware of all that I don't know.

I'm worlds stronger and yet more delicate and susceptible to hurt.

I'm both calmer and more harried.

I have a clearer vision of my future and pretty much no idea how anything will turn out.

I'm tired and really invigorated for the life unfolding ahead of me.

I miss my babies, but I love, love, love my big girls. Like me, they are a study in polarity. They are truly the most delightful things that have every walked the earth and the most aggravating.

And they both have my natural hair color, just in case I ever forget what that was.  :)

Love you, babies. Love, Love, Love.

Comments

Popular Posts