Dilemma

I know I'm not posting much lately, but I have a dilemma. My subject matter is growing up. One such subject in particular has realized that I have a blog and that on that blog I write about, among other things, her. She patted me on the shoulder at dinner last night and said "look mom, I know you posted that picture of me with my blanket, but don't worry, I don't mind too much."

At that moment my brain made that crazy scratching sound that comes from moving a needle too fast on a record....um, what?

I've made it a point not to write about people who don't live in my house. It seems like it might not be that fun to wake up one morning and find yourself the subject of a post, just because you know me, or you are my neighbor, or my mom. In the long run, seems like then some people might not want to know me, or be my neighbor or my mom (right, like I'd give her the choice).

I also don't post that much about Chad because the funniest things I think about tend to be when I'm irked at him and those kinds of posts, about the man list or the man sickness for example, don't make him too happy. Since the key to a happy marriage is both people being happy, seems like posting while irked is a poor judgment.

Now if I can't really post about Grace, what's left?

Posts about my travel and my headaches - wow, fun blog.

So I'm in a quandry. Because while yes, this blog is supposed to be about my life, those kids are my life. The only other really funny group in my life are my clients and I most assuredly won't be posting about them. Write a blog about clients = get fired. It's essentially an unbreakable law of nature.

I guess I'm going to start having to get out more and have experiences I can blog about. And that probably means I'm going to have to start getting dressed. Bummer.

Comments

Kristen said…
Yep, I get it! I tell Brady and Zach about each post before I post it, that way I they know about it and can disapprove if they want. I have written so many posts that remain "drafts" for this very reason. When I print our book I include all of my unpublished (slightly embarrassing posts) in it. Kids growing up is sad and fun... Equally!!!
Get Hooked said…
I had a similar experience. I snapped a picture of Alyssa cleaning the shower in her underwear. She begged me not to put it on my blog. And now I've shared that on your blog, and now I'm in trouble. For those that know my daughter, please do not mention it. Thanks!

I love your subjects of blogging so it makes me sad to see this chapter close. And FYI I as your neighbor feel it just fine to write about me. As long as I get to hear/read from you. And if you are writting about me, then that means I see you more. Right? - just be somewhat nice. I can handle a little. Just put in a nice word amid the mocking, then it'll be fine.
Brynn said…
Ruthann and I will allow you to write about us. We are quite exciting and interesting. No really, I love reading about your kids. They are cute and funny. And next time for Brynn, put a little Anbesol on her teeth when they are ready to come out. I'm not sure if it really helps or if it is psychological, but it sure helps my irrational middle child get her teeth out.
Scott said…
Existentialism

Popular Posts